The below information is for all boat owners who use the Boesmans and Kariega Estuaries and particularly to those people who secure their boats to buoys in either of the estuaries.
Willem Nel (Environmental Law Officer, Ndlambe Municipality) says:
- Boat licences are due and have been since the 1st July 2019 for the new financial year 2019-2020.
- The licences are available at the Ndlambe KOS Finance office and the Small Boat Harbour in Port Alfred.
- Please tell or get the word out that the licence must be placed on the Port side of the boats. If you sit in your boat facing forward, on your left hand side and clearly visible for inspection when passing by.
- Renewal of buoy applications run concurrently with the boat licences. Same period, 1st July to 30th June yearly.
- If you wish to not renew your buoy permit, please inform us and remove your buoy/anchor and chain immediately. There are other boaters who request a place for their boats, especially in the Bushman’s river.
- If buoys are not renewed and are illegal by end August, they will be removed and handed in at SAPS KOS. This applies to all buoys and in any or all rivers/estuaries.
Out of town persons may apply for buoy applications and make payment via eft. They must get someone to re-mark their buoy number on their buoy so we can see that it is a legal buoy. They must just remember that when they arrive in the Ndlambe area, they MUST renew their boat licence.
For all queries, please contact Willem Nel directly:
Environmental Law Officer (Environmental Compliance)
Ph: 046 604 5602 – Direct line
Ph: 046 604 5527 – Admin office
Cell: 082 388 4600
Application to place a buoy
Please complete the application and supply all the relevant documentation.
Ndlambe Municipality Bank Details
(For Environmental Compliance: Boating licence / permit / exemption permit / buoy application and or event application fee)
Bank: First National Bank, Port Alfred
Account Number: 5340 331 6037
Branch Code: 210917
Reference Number: 01 000 000 007